Regular diary practice can be a source of immense joy, but sometimes keeping a journal is hard if you feel less than inspired. I get it. Not every day is eventful nor worthy of writing about, but I will challenge you with the notion that it is worth it to write every day!
And this is exactly why keeping a regular diary practice is so important. Doing so forces you to keep the pump primed, to stay tuned in, inquisitive and alive. This is true whether you consider yourself "a writer" or you are simply, a human being. And for those of us who can't stop thinking, daily diary practice is a great way to capture any creative ideas before the train of thought derails!
So earlier this year, I decided to post mega lists of diary prompts each full moon that are on-theme with the current lunar astrology influence. According to metaphysical practitioners (myself included), this lunar phase "illuminates the inner landscape." In my humble opinion, it's as good excuse as any to get out your best pen, your favorite journal, a cup of tea and... start writing!
These Virgo-themed diary prompts are open-ended with no right or wrong responses. Simply use them as a jumping off point for deeper self-reflection or anytime you need writing inspiration. My hope is that they inspire your daily journal practice with a starting point for deeper self-awareness.
50. What does your Inner Hermit want you to know right now?
51. What does your spiritual practice look like?
52. What was that last thing you prayed about?
53. What takes you away? What keeps you grounded?
54. Why aren't you satisfied?
55. How do you handle criticism or judgment?
56. Are you a perfectionist? Why did you answer the way you did?
57. How do you cultivate your talents?
58. What makes you stand out as a true individual?
59. What are you curious about?
60. What is emerging for you right now?
61. What area of your life could use a detox right now?
62. Would you be friends with yourself? Why or why not?
63. How have you shown up today?
64. What's your poison?
65. What are you avoiding? What are you noticing?
66. Your life purpose is not your work. What is your life purpose?
67. Is self-love selfish? Why or why not?
68. What does it mean to be autonomous? Are you?
69. Why do you fear your independence?
70. What does surrender look like?
71. Your Inner Priestess wants to tell you something right now. What is she saying?
72. Do you have trouble focusing on the task at hand? Why?
73. What do you need to feel complete?
74. What is the wildest thing you have ever done?
75. What expectations do they have of you?
76. What expectations do you have of yourself?
77. Where do you see yourself in five years?
78. Surrender vs. giving up...what is the difference?
79. What are you going to walk away from right now?
80. What are you choosing to devote your attention on right now?
81. What has worked you haggard?
82. Enough is enough. Is _________ enough?
83. Describe your secret world.
84. Describe a time you felt lost and alone. How did you find your way back again?
85. What meaningless encounters have entangled you?
86. Finish this sentence: "If it were up to me, I'd......."
87. How does the way you dress communicate your character?
88. How do you recover from burnout?
89. What wisdom is contained within your body?
90. What can you reclaim for yourself right now?
91. Where did you get lost?
92. This is what broken feels like:
93. This is what purity feels like:
94. This is what wholeness feels like:
95. I have faith that:
96. I know I can always count on _____________
97. What is your promise?
98. What skills do you need to learn?
99. What details are missing?
100. What needs tending?
The Priestess Moon
100 Diary Prompts for the Leo Full Moon
Women's Stories Matter. Your Story Matters.
Hey, Baby! What's Your Moon Sign?
Sign up for The Goddess Diaries newsletter to receive these blog post articles in your inbox! I never spam and totally respect your privacy. Usually delivered on the New Moon and Full Moon. http://eepurl.com/XW6hX
My name is Dawn Champine and I am the Creatrix of The Goddess Diaries. I am very passionate about helping women remember their REAL GODDESS selves.